After the initial announcement in March about the next Pages update, Facebook announced earlier this week that the new, streamlined design will soon be available to all existing Pages, including all 30 million active small business Pages.
Starting later this week, Facebook Pages will offer admins a tour of the new design and the option to update right away. If the Page Admin doesn’t switch right away, the Facebook Business Page will automatically switch to the new design two weeks after the tour has been viewed.
New Features for Facebook Pages
Updated Timeline Design
- View all of the Page’s posts in the right column, information about your business on the left, and stats from the week in the sidebar, making it easy to view recent activity and information at one time.
- New navigation options at the top of the Page for quick access to activity, insights, and settings
- See information about ads, new likes, and unread notifications and messages no matter where you are on the Page.
Pages to Watch
- Available to admins in the Page Insights tool
- Allows admins to create a list of similar Pages to compare their Facebook Page performance with other businesses they care about
- Admins will have access to an overview of key stats about the Pages they are watching.
- Admins will be able to view the past week’s most engaging posts from the Pages they’re watching.
Read more details about the Updated Design or Pages to Watch here.
- Admins will be able to adjust the placement of sections within the navigation menu and the left-column menu to increase functionality and have more control over the layout of Pages.
For more details on the changes to the Facebook Business Page, see the latest announcement about Facebook Pages.
Have questions? Check out the “Top 5 Questions about the Update to Pages.”